Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Lord Giveth and the Lord Taketh Away


Today was a pretty bittersweet day...  We've had our dear wiener dog Hershey for about 16 years, and today the Lord took him home.  He'd been having some health problems for a while now, and we finally found out that his kidneys were failing.  He had gotten to where he wouldn't know us anymore, he was in a lot of pain, and just wondered the floor.  Our parents, with heavy hearts and much consideration, decided that we had to put him down.  There's a part of me that thought that we shouldn't have taken matters into our own hands, but the other part of me knows that it was better for him.  I thank God that we had this many years to be able to love him.
        Hershey


To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace. What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
~ Ecc. 1-9 KJV

 

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Praying for you, we put down our dog November last year. I understand how you feel, but we believe that all loyal, loving animals go to eternity, and I think that was my greatest comfort.

Rebekah said...

I know how hard it is to lose a loved pet. We lost our dog when I was 11, but I still remember her. She was a collie and I loved her.