Friday, January 6, 2012

The Magian's Nephew

OK!!!!  This has to be one of my favorite books of the Narnia series, and I can't wait for the movie!!!!   I hope you guys enjoy this review!!!!  : - )

    The Magician's Nephew is about a young boy Digory Kirke, who is growing up in London with his sickly mother.  They live with Digory's uncle, Andrew Ketterley, and his sister, Letty, while Digory's father is in India for business. 
    One day, Digory met a little girl named Polly Plummer,  that lived next to him, and they became great friends.  Polly tells Digory that she had found a door to the rafters in the terraced houses in their neighbourhood. Since school was out for the summer, they decided to explore the attics of the joint houses, but they go through the wrong door,and ends up in Uncle Andrew's study!!!!!  [ That's not good!!!: - ) ]
  Uncle Andrew shows them these four rings, and he tempts Polly to touch the yellow ring and she vanishes!  Then he explains to Digory how he had invented the rings that could take you from world to world.  He then hands Digory the other three rings, one yellow and two green.
  Digory is transformed from his home to a strange woodland, with little pools everywhere. He found Polly, and they decided to visit another world before going home to London, so they jump into a nearby pool.   And now the adventure REALLY begins...

Read the book and let me know what you think!!!   Hope you enjoy!!!!

                                                   Sincerely,
                                                     ~ Mallory~
                                         

   

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Hi Mallory

I'm Lauren from Jilla, I noticed that you followed my blog recently and I have changed address, would you mind following my new address?

My new blog address is - http://jillahorse.blogspot.com

Thanks

I LOVE Narnia also, and have read all the books back to front! I enjoyed this book review ( ;

From Lauren

Grace Upon Grace said...

Hi Lauren!!!
Thank you for commenting! I don't mind at all. :) I really enjoy your blog and I also have followed you and your sister's blog, Just So Stories. I really like that one too, and I will definitely recommend these blogs to my friends!
I also see on your profile that you like the Mandie series. I am a pretty big fan of those too, and I'll do a review of those when I get done with the Narnia series. :)

P.S. I see that you are also a homeschool student, and I thought it was cool! :)